Comments

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Around the home front

Posted by at 3:18 PM Read our previous post
Wow. It's been a  rough few weeks around the home front. Just as I was finishing recovering from surgery I caught the flu and at the same time had a bad allergic reaction to an antibiotic. And typically my back has been a nightmare and Mr. Chiropractor has not been able to make it behave. (and insurance ran out for Mr. Chiropractor! :(   ) Well prednisone finally cured the allergic rash. Time cured the flu. But I had such exhaustion like I've never known before. Then my friend Saxon suggested that maybe my iron levels had dropped and told me to become very carnivorous of red meat and take extra iron twice a day. She was sooo right. I noticed a difference within 24 hours and 3 days later the extreme fatigue is gone. Tomorrow a.m. I meet with a physical therapist to see if they can be of help with the back issue. Keeping my fingers crossed because I don't even know if there is such a last resort as surgery for my issues and the last thing I want is yet another surgery!!!

We have some cold icy conditions in the Portland area yesterday and today. But luckily for us, the brunt of the snow missed us. Taylor did however make a lovely 3 inch high snowman on the back deck. LOL.

I've been keeping the bird-feeder right on my family room window full and now have the fun watching about 15 birds having an eating and chirping party. Love my feeder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Clever Monkey Graphics is powered by Blogger - Template designed by Stramaxon - Best SEO Template